Car maker Daimler plans to add NFC to Mercedes-Benz vehicles from 2013 to simplify Bluetooth pairing, used to set up a smartphone to manage the car’s built-in systems. The company is a founding member of the Car Connectivity Consortium, a partnership between car and phone manufacturers to develop common standards for connectivity between handsets and vehicles.
- UAE launches blockchain postage stamp with NFC authentication
- Apple delays rollout of digital IDs in Wallet until early 2022
- Researchers use extended-range NFC to develop smart fabric for multiple use cases
- British Standards Institute unveils NFC digital ID system for construction products
- Researchers develop ultra-thin ‘computer on the bone’ using NFC for bone health monitoring
This article is more than 10 years old