Car maker Daimler plans to add NFC to Mercedes-Benz vehicles from 2013 to simplify Bluetooth pairing, used to set up a smartphone to manage the car’s built-in systems. The company is a founding member of the Car Connectivity Consortium, a partnership between car and phone manufacturers to develop common standards for connectivity between handsets and vehicles.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
This article is more than 10 years old