Taiwan Mobile is placing smart posters in its Myfone stores that let customers call a Taiwan Taxi Corp cab using a Nokia NFC phone. The system automatically books a taxi for customers who tap the poster and sends them a text to let them know the cab number and their waiting time.
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than nine years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday