Vodafone Spain has announced it is conducting an NFC pilot in Madrid with Spanish rail operator Renfe, with the aim of speeding up access to train stations during peak travel times. The system was demonstrated to attendees of the mobile operator’s Move ’09 enterprise mobility event in Madrid last week. Vodafone says that a SIM based solution is being used in the pilot but no further details are available for now.
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Ahold Delhaize to roll out NFC shelf edge labels in supermarkets across Europe
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing