Starbucks has launched a new 2D barcode-based app that lets users make payments with their iPhone at 16 stores in the Seattle and Silicon Valley areas using a mobile version of their Starbucks Card. More at ReadWriteWeb.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11