Amazon is entering the in-store payments market in India with the launch of ‘Amazon Smile’ QR codes that will enable shoppers to make purchases in shops. “Customers can use the Amazon app to scan the code and discover the product, read reviews, ratings and buy the product with Amazon Pay,” the ecommerce giant told FactorDaily.
- New York City bans cashless stores
- China publishes face recognition payments guidelines
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking