Amazon India has been granted a payment license by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate its own prepaid wallet in the country. “This will allow us to help customers adopt digital payments at scale and thereby contribute towards making India a less cash economy,” the company’s Sriram Jagannathan told The Indian Express. The move follows the launch of Amazon Pay Balance in India in December 2016.
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
- Hong Kong and Macau to distribute stimulus payments to citizens’ digital wallets
- Emirates NBD rewards customers for adopting contactless payments
- Russia to create digital ruble prototype by December
- Fidesmo Pay launches in Russia
This article is more than three years old