Amazon India has been granted a payment license by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate its own prepaid wallet in the country. “This will allow us to help customers adopt digital payments at scale and thereby contribute towards making India a less cash economy,” the company’s Sriram Jagannathan told The Indian Express. The move follows the launch of Amazon Pay Balance in India in December 2016.
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?
- Nestlé pilots face recognition payments in Barcelona
- Facebook Pay launches on Facebook and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp to follow