Android Pay will launch in Korea in May with support from Shinhan Card, Hyundai Card, Lotte Card and Hana Card, according to ETNews. “The release target was set in May,” the publication reports. “The card companies will sign the contract soon after the internal review.” Reports that Android Pay was heading to Korea emerged in February 2017.
- NFCW Expo online exhibition opens 21 September
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
- Jacksonville Jaguars add QR payments to mobile ticketing app
- Titan and SBI pick Tappy wearable payments technology for India’s first contactless payment watches
- Malaysian bank rolls out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
This article is more than three years old