A virtual assistant called Bixby will come preinstalled on a “subset” of applications on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S8 flagship smartphone, Samsung has confirmed. “This set will continue to expand over time,” the company says. “Our plan is to eventually release a tool (in SDK) to enable third-party developers to make their applications and services Bixby-enabled easily.” Reports that Bixby will be compatible with Samsung Pay emerged in January 2017. The Galaxy S8 will be unveiled on 29 March.
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card