Indian mobile wallet MobiKwik is to invest Rs 3bn (US$45m) to triple its user base and raise the total volume of transactions on its platform to $10bn in 2017, The Times of India reports. “MobiKwik said the investment will help it triple its user base to 150m and drive up annual gross merchandise value by year end from the current $2bn,” the report says.
- Japanese banks and card issuers join digital currency study group
- Axis Bank lets Indian merchants accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
This article is more than three years old