Global consumers are “more concerned” with protecting their financial and payments information on a computer than protecting the same data in a mobile wallet, ACI Worldwide and Aite Group research reveals, with more than 80% believing their mobile wallet data is secure. 75% of the 6,000 consumers across 20 countries surveyed are “very interested” in receiving a call or SMS to help mitigate fraud.
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Jakarta transport networks trial transit card and mobile app for multimodal contactless ticketing
- Delhi Metro begins rolling out upgraded mobile and contactless ticketing system
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
This article is more than four years old