Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport has begun a three-month trial of facial recognition technology at one of its boarding gates. Passengers register by having their faces, passports and boarding passes scanned, and then use a separate biometric gate to board their plane. Schiphol and Dutch airline KLM say the ultimate goal is “making the boarding process as easy and quick as possible for passengers”.
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Golden Goose adds NFC tags to limited edition sneakers
- TfL reports on mobile payments adoption on London’s transport network
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Madeira to pilot fingerprint biometric cards for decentralized digital IDs