Nearly 3bn users will have access to retail banking services through smartphones, tablets, PCs and smartwatches by 2021, Juniper Research reveals, up 53% from 2017. “Usage will continue to rise as consumers increasingly opt for banks offering the convenience of rapid, multi-channel digital services,” the research firm says.
- Germany to begin rollout of open national digital identity service ‘later this year’
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Croatian merchants to leverage NFC for in-store consumer reviews
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
This article is more than three years old