Nearly 3bn users will have access to retail banking services through smartphones, tablets, PCs and smartwatches by 2021, Juniper Research reveals, up 53% from 2017. “Usage will continue to rise as consumers increasingly opt for banks offering the convenience of rapid, multi-channel digital services,” the research firm says.
- ABN Amro trials integrated digital identity and payments app
- EMVCo releases contactless kernel specification to streamline payment acceptance
- New ST reader chip eases product certification for digital car key systems
- One in three UK consumers would ditch their wallet ‘if it weren’t for having to carry physical ID’
- UK updates Highway Code to allow drivers to make mobile payments from their vehicle
This article is more than five years old