The total volume of mobile payment transactions in the US will reach US$282.9bn by 2021, Forrester estimates. “Mobile in-person payment will grow the fastest, increasing to 6.8 times its size between 2015 and 2021,” the research firm says. Mobile remote payments, including in-app, will grow 2.7 times its current size by 2021, while mobile P2P payments “will continue to have the smallest market share despite quadrupling during the next five years”.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than three years old