The total volume of mobile payment transactions in the US will reach US$282.9bn by 2021, Forrester estimates. “Mobile in-person payment will grow the fastest, increasing to 6.8 times its size between 2015 and 2021,” the research firm says. Mobile remote payments, including in-app, will grow 2.7 times its current size by 2021, while mobile P2P payments “will continue to have the smallest market share despite quadrupling during the next five years”.
- Google Pay rolls out tokenized NFC card payments in India
- Survey: Four in ten US and UK consumers ready to use QR codes for payments
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
- Google Pay streamlines user interface
- UK pilots new ways to provide access to cash in communities without bank branches
This article is more than three years old