The PCI Security Standards Council has updated its card production and provisioning standard to expand protections for mobile payments. PCI Card Production and Provisioning Security Requirements Version 2.0 “extends and adds to existing physical and logical security requirements for vendors that perform cloud-based host card emulation or secure element provisioning services; manage over-the-air personalisation, life cycle management and preparation of personalisation data; or manage associated cryptographic keys,” PCI says.
- Apple Pay goes live in Armenia
- Apple Pay to launch in Argentina and Peru ‘soon’
- One in four consumers expect to switch to being cashless within two years
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
This article is more than five years old