The PCI Security Standards Council has updated its card production and provisioning standard to expand protections for mobile payments. PCI Card Production and Provisioning Security Requirements Version 2.0 “extends and adds to existing physical and logical security requirements for vendors that perform cloud-based host card emulation or secure element provisioning services; manage over-the-air personalisation, life cycle management and preparation of personalisation data; or manage associated cryptographic keys,” PCI says.
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
- Three in four UK consumers want to set their own contactless spending limit
This article is more than four years old