Google is planning to bring Android Pay to Russia this year, according to Russian newspaper Izvestia. The mobile payment service is expected to launch with support from Alfa-Bank, B&N Bank, Raiffeisen Bank and Tinkoff Bank.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than four years old