Samsung Pay is testing its mobile payment service in India, and could be launched there in the first half of 2017, SamMobile reports. “Since India does not have many NFC-equipped point-of-sale devices, Samsung Pay’s MST (magnetic secure transmission) functionality would be a boon to users,” the publication adds. The move follows the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes across the country in November 2016.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline