All Samsung smartphones except for a handful of low-end models will come with Samsung Pay preinstalled from the start of 2017, an official from the company has told Business Korea. The mobile payments service launched in 2015 and was available initially only on Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Note 5 models. It is preparing to launch the Samsung Pay Mini app in January 2017, which will be available on all Android handsets but has been blocked by Apple from appearing on its app store.
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- Nordic countries record surge in contactless payments during pandemic
- Google Pay to launch mobile-first bank accounts in the USA in 2021
- American Express adds instant digital card provisioning for Apple Pay
This article is more than three years old