Belgian bank Belfius has joined ING and KBC in the development of a common mobile payment and loyalty platform in Belgium built on ING’s existing Payconiq mobile payments app. Belfius is to integrate Payconiq into the digital platform Citie, developed in partnership with Bpost and Proximus. ING and KBC announced their plans to launch the common mobile payments platform in July 2016.
- New York City bans cashless stores
- China publishes face recognition payments guidelines
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking