Australian merchants using Quest Payment Systems payment terminals can integrate support for Alipay mobile payments following a software update. “Quest has enabled Alipay at select stores within The Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist groups, with full rollout planned for early 2017,” Quest says. Alipay struck a deal with Commonwealth Bank of Australia to enable Alipay payments for Chinese tourists in October 2016 and has partnered with European banks and payment processors to expand across Europe.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts