Australian merchants using Quest Payment Systems payment terminals can integrate support for Alipay mobile payments following a software update. “Quest has enabled Alipay at select stores within The Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist groups, with full rollout planned for early 2017,” Quest says. Alipay struck a deal with Commonwealth Bank of Australia to enable Alipay payments for Chinese tourists in October 2016 and has partnered with European banks and payment processors to expand across Europe.
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
- Canadian retailer vends ready-made meals from contactless kiosks
- Pret A Manger pilots contactless charity donations in UK outlets
- KFC Japan trials contactless lockers for mobile order pickups
This article is more than three years old