Mastercard has filed patent applications describing systems and methods for authorising and securing blockchain transactions using existing payment networks. “[The] use of traditional payment networks and payment systems technologies in combination with blockchain currencies may provide consumers and merchants the benefits of the decentralized blockchain, while still maintaining security of account information and provide a strong defense against fraud and theft,” the payments company says.
- Canadian credit unions add Google Pay support for domestic debit cards
- One in three Canadians make mobile contactless payments ‘on a regular basis’
- WeChat Pay lets users charge in-store mobile payments to their credit card
- PCI publishes CPoC standard for accepting contactless payments on off-the-shelf NFC devices
- Grab to issue mobile-first numberless Mastercard across SE Asia