Mastercard has filed patent applications describing systems and methods for authorising and securing blockchain transactions using existing payment networks. “[The] use of traditional payment networks and payment systems technologies in combination with blockchain currencies may provide consumers and merchants the benefits of the decentralized blockchain, while still maintaining security of account information and provide a strong defense against fraud and theft,” the payments company says.
- Apple Pay to go live in Mexico “very soon”
- Economists propose single global digital currency
- Dejamobile white paper explains how software-only POS solutions will drive wider adoption of in-store contactless payments
- Antelop launches secure customer authentication SDK
- Mastercard adds NFC payments to virtual corporate cards
This article is more than four years old