British accessories brand Tovi Sorga is working with Barclaycard to include contactless payment chips to their wallet cuff range, allowing wearers to make purchases across the UK. “Linked to any Visa or MasterCard debit or credit card registered to a UK address and managed by the bPay mobile app, users have full control and visibility of their spending,” Tami Hargreaves from Barclaycard says.
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Estonia’s central bank tests blockchain-powered digital euro solution
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
This article is more than four years old