Prepaid card provider InComm is to pilot a real-time authentication solution that will allow its cardholders to complete transactions using dynamic CVV codes that replace the static CVV codes printed on the back of cards. “It works every place cards are accepted — online, over the phone, or at the point of sale — by generating a daily security code that only the cardholder knows,” solution provider Tender Armor says. The service will be piloted in 2017 making use of Tender Armor’s CVV+ solution.
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
- Amazon lets customers pay with their palm at two US retail stores
- Samsung lets German customers link any bank account to Samsung Pay
- One in five Japanese consumers to make mobile payments in stores this year
This article is more than three years old