Some 7m contactless payments were made at festivals this year using Hungarian company Festipay’s cashless payment service, an increase of a third on the previous year. More than 3m transactions were made at Sziget, the largest music festival in the country, with bankcard transactions making up 300,000 of that total — double the number in 2015.
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- UK retailers explore facial analysis technology for customer age verification
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
This article is more than four years old