Some 7m contactless payments were made at festivals this year using Hungarian company Festipay’s cashless payment service, an increase of a third on the previous year. More than 3m transactions were made at Sziget, the largest music festival in the country, with bankcard transactions making up 300,000 of that total — double the number in 2015.
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday