Chinese mobile payments giant Alipay is expanding its presence in US and European retail stores via a deal with POS maker Verifone. The move will see the Alipay App available on Verifone e355 mobile point-of-sale terminals so that retailers equipped with the mPOS device can accept mobile payments from Chinese Alipay users. “The goal is to enable our customers to walk into a store while traveling abroad and pay for purchases with the Alipay App — just like they do here in China,” says Douglas Feagin, SVP of Ant Financial Services Group and Head of Alipay International.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts