NFC World’s ‘Beyond OEM Pay: Mobile payment strategies for banks’ webinar is now available to view online. More than two hundred people signed up to take part in the live event and participants gave the webinar an overall rating of 4.6 out of five stars.
The 45 minute-long webcast was hosted by Sarah Clark, editor of NFC World, and featured a presentation by Martin Cox from tokenization and mobile payment specialist Rambus Bell ID. Cox has a strong payments background built on more than 20 years in the industry and has been involved in EMV smart card, mobile NFC, TSM and host card emulation (HCE) implementations around the world.
The webinar took place on October 13 and topics covered included:
- The evolution of mobile payments, taking an in-depth look at HCE, tokenization and the entrance of the so-called OEM Pays — mobile payment services delivered by handset makers.
- The pros and cons of a bank launching with an OEM Pay in comparison to launching its own mobile payment service;
- A look at insourcing and outsourcing tokenization, the role of the token gateway and the possibilities of multi-channel tokenization;
- Why banks should launch their own ‘Bank Pay’ mobile wallet and the different added value services that can be included to give them a competitive edge;
- How to go about building a future-proof platform, taking into consideration the evolution of the Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain and looking at the different mobile payment strategy options available to banks.
The presentation was followed by questions from the audience that covered the evolving role of banks and merchants and the changes ahead, a look into what the majority of banks are doing in the market today and the current state of play, the limitations of OEM Pay schemes when it comes to bank branding and differentiation, and whether or not the issuer-centric model is actually possible today, as well as some insight into the potential of the IoT and the blockchain.
A full recording of the webinar is now available free of charge in the NFC World Knowledge Centre, along with a downloadable slide deck from the event.
Next: Visit the NFCW Expo to find new suppliers and solutions