Alibaba affiliate and Alipay parent company Ant Financial is readying a virtual reality (VR) payment experience that will allow shoppers to pay with a nod of the head. “People using virtual reality goggles to browse virtual reality shopping malls will be able to pay for purchases without taking off the goggles,” Reuters reports. “User identity can be verified on VR Pay via account logins on connected devices or via voice print technology.” VR Pay is expected to be ready for commercial launch by the end of the year. Reports that Alibaba was exploring VR mobile payments emerged in August 2016.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than three years old