Alibaba affiliate and Alipay parent company Ant Financial is readying a virtual reality (VR) payment experience that will allow shoppers to pay with a nod of the head. “People using virtual reality goggles to browse virtual reality shopping malls will be able to pay for purchases without taking off the goggles,” Reuters reports. “User identity can be verified on VR Pay via account logins on connected devices or via voice print technology.” VR Pay is expected to be ready for commercial launch by the end of the year. Reports that Alibaba was exploring VR mobile payments emerged in August 2016.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts