Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange is set to change its name to Zelle. “The banks plan to launch the new brand at a payments industry conference in October,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “The new name has been in the works for several months and could still change if last minute difficulties arise.” ClearXChange was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015.
- Polish mobile payments service lets users make NFC payments direct from bank account
- Swiss mobile payments provider to roll out cross-border payments in 2022
- Japanese university trials face payments for users wearing a mask
- People’s Bank of China issues digital yuan trial progress report
- European Central Bank officially launches digital euro project
This article is more than four years old