Russians can now make payments through online payment service Yandex.Checkout by scanning a QR code with the Yandex.Money mobile app. “Once the code is scanned, the app will show the product’s name, seller and price,” the company says. “The user chooses a payment method — either Yandex.Money e-wallet or a bank card linked to it. QR codes can be placed either on material goods, documents or digital products.” More than 76,000 online stores use Yandex.Checkout, while Yandex.Money has 4m users. Yandex.Money added NFC to its mobile app in April 2016.
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
- Three in four UK consumers want to set their own contactless spending limit
This article is more than five years old