Russian online payment service Yandex.Money has added NFC to its Android mobile app so that users can make mobile payments by tapping their smartphone on contactless terminals. “To enable NFC payments, users can simply update the Yandex.Money app on their phones,” the company says. “A virtual MasterCard will be issued to their account automatically — its balance is the balance of the user’s Yandex.Money e-wallet.”
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?
- Nestlé pilots face recognition payments in Barcelona
- Facebook Pay launches on Facebook and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp to follow