Canadian credit unions Affinity and Conexus in Saskatchewan, First West in British Columbia and Meridian in Ontario have become the first to launch Mobile Pay, the host card emulation (HCE) mobile payment service developed by trade body the Canadian Credit Union Association. The four credit unions revealed that they would be the first to launch the service — which makes use of a tokenization platform by Interac — in February 2016.
- Central bank launches digital currency in the Bahamas
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
- Visa lets merchants in 15 countries accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday