Orange is to introduce NFC into its Orange Money service by the end of this year, allowing users to make payments by tapping an NFC sticker on their mobile phone on an NFC reader supplied by French startup Famoco. “Ultimately, we should sell between 40,000 and 50,000 readers to Orange,” Lionel Baraban, co-founder of Famoco, told French publication Le Monde. NFC will be added to the service in the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
- China’s JD.com lets consumers make online payments from digital yuan hard wallets using NFC
- UK sees 40% rise in contactless transaction values in 2021
- Apple to let merchants accept contactless payments on iPhones?
- Russia launches digital ruble pilot with 12 banks
- Google sets out its vision for the future of Google Pay
This article is more than five years old