Australian banks ANZ and Westpac are completing plans to launch Android Pay in the country “mid this calendar year”, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. “ANZ and Westpac, including its subsidiaries St George, Bank of Melbourne and Bank of South Australia, will join Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, ING Direct, Macquarie Bank and Cuscal as the first to offer Visa, MasterCard and Eftpos on Android Pay,” the publication says. Google announced its plans for an Australian launch of Android Pay in December 2015.
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card