Cornèr Bank has signed an agreement with Swiss luxury watchmaker Swatch to make its Cornèrcard available for payments on the Swatch Bellamy NFC watch from mid-June. “Clients can sign up with the bank, pre-load the watch with funds and start shopping in Switzerland and around the world wherever Visa contactless is accepted,” Swatch says. Swatch confirmed its agreement with Visa and Visa Europe to roll out the NFC payments watch in the US, Switzerland and Brazil in November 2015.
- Mashreq Bank rolls out contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Contactless payment and instant credit ecosystem rolls out in UAE
- Hyundai includes fingerprint payments sensor in new Genesis GV70 vehicles
- McKinsey and EBA identify threats to European banks’ payments revenues
- Payconiq rolls out cross-border QR mobile payments service in Europe
This article is more than four years old