Apple Pay is now signing up 1m new users per week, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed during the company’s second quarter earnings call. “Apple Pay is growing at a tremendous rate with more than five times the transaction volume of a year ago and 1m new users per week,” Cook told investors. “More expansion of Apple Pay is coming soon.” The mobile payment service is currently live in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, China and Singapore.
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
- Irish banks plan Yippay mobile payments joint venture to compete with new entrants
- Bahamas links digital currency to bank accounts
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
This article is more than five years old