Financial services provider FIS and banking association The Clearing House (TCH) are to pilot a real-time payments system with financial institutions in the US in the first quarter of 2017, with an initial focus on bill payments. “TCH, which owns and operates the system, has partnered with FIS, who will use the system to develop innovative new services and eventually connect its financial institution clients,” the companies say.
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card
- Survey pinpoints roadblocks to US mobile payments adoption
- Japanese merchants report sharp increase in mobile transactions