Students at Missouri Valley College and Hannibal-LaGrange University can now order and pay for food and drink using their mobile devices. The Lucova Campus solution, provided by Lucova and Fresh Ideas Food Service Management, uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to bring up a profile image at the point of sale that the server can use to check a student’s identity. Southwestern College in Kansas also rolled out the white label solution in November 2015.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
This article is more than five years old