Mobile payments platform PowaTag has been sold to a consortium led by entrepreneur Ben White, administrator Deloitte has confirmed, following news that its parent company Powa Technologies went into administration last month. The company’s ecommerce platform PowaWeb has also been sold to UK-based digital business group Greenlight Digital. The Financial Times reports that the sales were for “undisclosed amounts” and questions the “typically used” valuation of Powa Technologies at US$2.7bn.
- Mashreq Bank rolls out contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Contactless payment and instant credit ecosystem rolls out in UAE
- Hyundai includes fingerprint payments sensor in new Genesis GV70 vehicles
- McKinsey and EBA identify threats to European banks’ payments revenues
- Payconiq rolls out cross-border QR mobile payments service in Europe
This article is more than four years old