The company behind the PowaTag mobile payments platform has gone into administration, the Financial Times reports. Powa Technologies CEO Dan Wagner “sent an email to staff on Friday telling them that Wellington Management, its largest investor, had called in loans that it had made to the company and forced it into administration,” the publication says. The news follows reports late last week that the company had failed to pay its staff and suppliers.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old