The company behind the PowaTag mobile payments platform has gone into administration, the Financial Times reports. Powa Technologies CEO Dan Wagner “sent an email to staff on Friday telling them that Wellington Management, its largest investor, had called in loans that it had made to the company and forced it into administration,” the publication says. The news follows reports late last week that the company had failed to pay its staff and suppliers.
- PCI publishes CPoC standard for accepting contactless payments on off-the-shelf NFC devices
- Grab to issue mobile-first numberless Mastercard across SE Asia
- MUFG to use digital currency for mobile payments in Japan
- NatWest pilots biometric payments fob
- Juniper forecasts 1,000% increase in use of biometrics to secure mobile payments