Android Pay has averaged 1.5m new registrations each month in the US since the mobile payment service’s launch in September 2015, Google has revealed. “There are now over 2m locations that accept tap and pay — we’re busy working to bring the convenience of Android Pay to more countries and a growing list of stores and apps,” the company says.
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- UK retailers explore facial analysis technology for customer age verification
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
This article is more than five years old