Android Pay has averaged 1.5m new registrations each month in the US since the mobile payment service’s launch in September 2015, Google has revealed. “There are now over 2m locations that accept tap and pay — we’re busy working to bring the convenience of Android Pay to more countries and a growing list of stores and apps,” the company says.
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday