UK users of BlackBerry’s BBM messaging service can now initiate mobile payment transfers to each other using Barclays’ Pingit P2P payment service. “Once a user has added their BBM ID as a linked ID within Pingit, they can initiate a money transfer directly from within a BBM conversation as easily as sending a photo or sticker to a BBM contact,” Barclays says. Pingit currently has more than 2.9m users and more than 68,000 businesses signed up to the service.
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
- Google Pay streamlines user interface
- UK pilots new ways to provide access to cash in communities without bank branches
- Apple lets kids use their Apple Watch to make payments with Apple Pay
- Wearable payments specialist Tappy opens NFCW Expo showcase
This article is more than four years old