UK users of BlackBerry’s BBM messaging service can now initiate mobile payment transfers to each other using Barclays’ Pingit P2P payment service. “Once a user has added their BBM ID as a linked ID within Pingit, they can initiate a money transfer directly from within a BBM conversation as easily as sending a photo or sticker to a BBM contact,” Barclays says. Pingit currently has more than 2.9m users and more than 68,000 businesses signed up to the service.
- China’s JD.com lets consumers make online payments from digital yuan hard wallets using NFC
- UK sees 40% rise in contactless transaction values in 2021
- Apple to let merchants accept contactless payments on iPhones?
- Russia launches digital ruble pilot with 12 banks
- Google sets out its vision for the future of Google Pay
This article is more than five years old