More than 30m Chinese consumers signed up to Apple Pay during its first day of launch in the country, China’s People’s Daily reports. Consumers reported experiencing difficulties when registering their payment cards to the mobile payment service but Apple has since told 9to5mac that the issues were due to a planned gradual rollout of the service throughout the day.
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
- Apple Pay goes live in Israel
- Aion Bank onboards personal and business customers via NFC
- Porsche lets owners in Australia find, access and pay for parking from their vehicle
- Chinese banks unveil CBDC hardware prototypes for multiple use cases
This article is more than five years old