Bank of America and Wells Fargo are working on integrating NFC into their ATMs to let customers complete transactions using their smartphones and services such as Apple Pay, according to TechCrunch. “Engineers at both companies have been placed on multi-month assignments to build the Apple Pay options,” the publication says. Reports that the banks were working on mobile at the ATM first surfaced in December 2015. JPMorgan Chase is also working on adding NFC to its ATMs.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot