Bank of America and Wells Fargo are working on integrating NFC into their ATMs to let customers complete transactions using their smartphones and services such as Apple Pay, according to TechCrunch. “Engineers at both companies have been placed on multi-month assignments to build the Apple Pay options,” the publication says. Reports that the banks were working on mobile at the ATM first surfaced in December 2015. JPMorgan Chase is also working on adding NFC to its ATMs.
- Wearable payments specialist Tappy opens NFCW Expo showcase
- UK charities leverage open banking to cut donation transaction costs
- Antelop Solutions opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klip digital wallet goes live in UAE
- Digital payments specialist Dejamobile opens showcase in the NFCW Expo
This article is more than four years old