Mercedes is showing its new E-Class cars with NFC entry for the first time at the Detroit Motor Show this week. “The drive authorisation system uses NFC and allows the driver’s smartphone to be used as a vehicle key,” the luxury car maker says. The E-Class also allows a phone to be paired with the car’s entertainment system via NFC by placing it on a Qi wireless charging pad built into the centre console. The new E-Class is expected to be available from the second quarter of 2016.
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
- India to open antitrust investigation into Google Pay?
- Metrolinx to let iPhone users top up Presto transit cards via NFC
- Morocco boosts contactless transaction limit by 100%
This article is more than four years old