Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming W213 E-Class car will come equipped with NFC to allow keyless entry and starting. “Simply tap a phone with NFC on the driver’s door handle to lock and unlock the car,” Paul Tan’s Automotive News reports from a preview event in Stuttgart. “Once inside, placing the phone on the wireless charging plate enables the ignition. A secure SIM card is required for these functions.”
- Canada begins testing national digital ID framework
- EU to report on its investigation into Apple Pay next week?
- NFC testing innovator Cilab opens NFCW Expo showcase
- STMicroelectronics opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Apple rolls out iOS 14 with support for NFC app clips
This article is more than five years old