Attendees at this year’s CES show in Las Vegas had the chance to participate in a scavenger hunt that used Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons provided by Radius Networks. The devices alerted participants on their smartphones whenever they were near a hunt location and could earn scavenger hunt badges. Beacon solution provider Kontakt.io hosted a US$1m beacon hunt at the event last year.
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- Central bank launches digital currency in the Bahamas
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday