Attendees at this year’s CES show in Las Vegas had the chance to participate in a scavenger hunt that used Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons provided by Radius Networks. The devices alerted participants on their smartphones whenever they were near a hunt location and could earn scavenger hunt badges. Beacon solution provider Kontakt.io hosted a US$1m beacon hunt at the event last year.
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- Dayton RTA adds physical cards to Tapp Pay mobile ticketing service
This article is more than five years old