Attendees at this year’s CES show in Las Vegas had the chance to participate in a scavenger hunt that used Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons provided by Radius Networks. The devices alerted participants on their smartphones whenever they were near a hunt location and could earn scavenger hunt badges. Beacon solution provider Kontakt.io hosted a US$1m beacon hunt at the event last year.
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- Greece to roll out digital ID cards and driving licences
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
This article is more than six years old