Beacon solution provider Kontakt.io is hosting a Bluetooth-based treasure hunt with a million dollar prize at the CES in Las Vegas. Show visitors can download the $1m Beacon Hunt app and look for Bluetooth beacons hidden throughout the North, Center and South halls. “Anyone can download the app from the Android or iOS app stores, and can check out the 24 hints to get 24 chances to win the big prize,” the company explains.
- ABN Amro trials integrated digital identity and payments app
- EMVCo releases contactless kernel specification to streamline payment acceptance
- New ST reader chip eases product certification for digital car key systems
- One in three UK consumers would ditch their wallet ‘if it weren’t for having to carry physical ID’
- UK updates Highway Code to allow drivers to make mobile payments from their vehicle
This article is more than seven years old