Customers of US department store chain JCPenney in Texas are piloting the ability to add their store cards to Apple Pay for in-store use. “Cardholders nationwide will be able to add their JCPenney credit cards to their wallets and pay using Apple Pay in spring 2016,” the company says in a statement spotted by a MacRumors forum member who attempted to add a JCPenney card to the mobile payment service.
- Carriers complete cross-border blockchain mobile payment
- Brazil to launch national instant payments system
- EU to unveil pan-European payments plan
- Android 11 to let users access cards and passes from the lock screen
- Sweden begins central bank digital currency pilot