Retailers on a street in Sydney are reportedly banning payments with notes and coins in favour of contactless. “As customers headed to Kopi-Tiam Spice Alley, which has turned a row of former back gardens into an Asian style hawker food market, they were confronted with signs declaring only tap and go cards would be accepted,” says news.com.au.
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
- Irish banks plan Yippay mobile payments joint venture to compete with new entrants
- Bahamas links digital currency to bank accounts
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
This article is more than five years old