Passengers who book one of 17,000 ComfortDelGro taxis in Singapore can now pay their fare using their mobile phone and MasterCard’s MasterPass. “Once a MasterPass wallet is successfully created, they can go to the ComfortDelGro taxi booking app, where they select Connect with MasterPass to pair up their MasterPass account with the taxi booking app for payment of taxi bookings,” the firm says.
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
- Three in four UK consumers want to set their own contactless spending limit
This article is more than six years old