Some 20,000 online retailers in the UK that use Verifone’s Payware Ocius m-commerce gateway will now be able to accept online payments through Barclays’ mobile payments app Pingit. “Verifone and Barclays will also look at broadening the acceptance of Pingit via Verifone at physical retail and POS payment terminals,” Barclays says. The partnership expands Pingit to a total of 90,000 online stores.
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
- East Caribbean Central Bank launches digital currency
- Chinese banks roll out digital yuan wallets
This article is more than five years old