Some 20,000 online retailers in the UK that use Verifone’s Payware Ocius m-commerce gateway will now be able to accept online payments through Barclays’ mobile payments app Pingit. “Verifone and Barclays will also look at broadening the acceptance of Pingit via Verifone at physical retail and POS payment terminals,” Barclays says. The partnership expands Pingit to a total of 90,000 online stores.
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
This article is more than six years old